Contact our Welcome Desk for more information.
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA
At the Y, we believe in offering the gift of hope and healing to the people in our community who are experiencing or have experienced cancer. LIVESTRONG the YMCA allows cancer survivors the opportunity to come to the Y to heal. We provide a safe and caring environment. Cancer knows no boundaries, but we believe in the strength of community and that every survivor deserves unconditional support, a chance to belong and an opportunity to feel “normal” as they regain their strength. .
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a free, 12-week program designed to meet the needs of adults with cancer before, during and after treatment. It is a proven, evidence and research based program that empowers cancer survivors to take an active role in their own health by engaging in a strength and conditioning program at the La Jolla YMCA. Focusing on health, rather than the disease, LIVESTRONG at the Y helps cancer survivors move beyond illness to reclaim wellness in spirit, mind and body
View our LIVESTRONG at the YMCA brochure here.
- Increase flexibility and endurance
- Enhance functional ability to do everyday tasks
- Improve energy levels, build muscle mass and strength
- Reduce the severity of therapy side effects and prevent unwanted weight changes
- Develop on ongoing physical fitness program, not only as part of recover, but as a way of life
Criteria For Participation
- Strong personal desire and a commitment to participate in the program
- Inform your physician that you plan to join the program
- Give permission for LIVESTRONG at the YMCA to contact your physician or health care provider as needed
REGISTRATION & INFORMATION
If you would like more information about cancer survivorship at the Y, or would like to register for LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, please contact;
Patrick Oberg Wellness Director
619-226-8888 or firstname.lastname@example.org