fall & spring CAMP
ALL ABOUT REGISTRATION
For more detailed information about registering for camps, see the information below!
Two Easy Ways To Register
Choose any registration option listed below. A medical release/liability waiver must be submitted during the registration process.
- Online: You can register online if you are already in the Y's database (because you are a member or have participated in a Y program before).
- Walk-In Registration: You may register for summer camp at our Welcome Center desks anytime during regular operating hours.
All enrollments are subject
to availability and registrations
are not guaranteed.
Medical Release FormsAll campers must complete a medical release/liability waiver at the time of registration. You may obtain a copy of this form by visiting us online or in person at the Welcome Center during regular business hours.
Campers who have not completed a YMCA medical release/liability waiver will not be permitted to participate in our program until the form is completed by a parent or legal guardian. Be sure to include the names of authorized adults as they appear on their photo IDs.
To receive the member rate, membership must be current at the time camp takes place. Ask at the Welcome Center about our membership options.
The purpose of our Refund/Voucher/Transfer Policy is to allow the YMCA to maintain quality programs and proper supervision ratios while maintaining flexibility with our members and participants. All requests are subject to Director approval and take 3-5 working days for approval.
• Before the start date of the program: 100% voucher or refund (less the deposit), uniform fees or vendor fees if applicable.
• After the first meeting of the program: 75% voucher or refund (less the deposit), uniform fees or vendor fees if applicable.
• After the second meeting of the program: $0 voucher or refund (medical/special circumstances at the branch’s discretion).
• Camp deposits are fully transferable to another camp up to the second day (if space is available). Participants who request a transfer must remain in similar program area and session (i.e. transfer from traditional camps to another traditional camp or specialty camp to another specialty camp).
• Summer camp fees increase by $25 on the Tuesday (7 days) before the camp begins.
• Balances are due on the Monday before the next week of camp. Unpaid balances will result in a deletion from the program (and loss of deposit) to open space for other registrations. Campers may re-register and pay in full for the camp from which they were deleted.
If you request to cancel your enrollment before the start of the camp week, you will receive a 100% refund or Y-voucher (minus deposit). If you request to cancel your enrollment on the first day of camp, you will receive a 75% refund or a Y-voucher (minus deposit and vendor fees). A refund or Y-voucher will NOT be given if you request to cancel your enrollment on the second day of the camp week. Y-vouchers do not expire and are valid at any YMCA in San Diego County for any program, membership or service. Y-vouchers may be transferred to another member of your family or friend.
Scholarships are available to families in need. A family must meet the required guidelines in order to receive funding. Scholarship applications are available on our Scholarships page or at our Welcome Centers.
For more information about the Scholarships process, see the Scholarships information page, stop by the Welcome Center or call 760-745-7490.
Third Party Payments:
The Y is contracted to receive payment from the following third party agencies: Child Development Associates (CDA), YMCA Child Care Resource Services (CRS), County of San Diego and the Military Subsidy Program through NACRRA. All camp registration for third party families must take place with the camp department. You will not be able to register online or at the Welcome Center.