TOGETHER WE CAN
build a better us.
2016 Annual Campaign
UPDATE: The Joe & Mary Mottino Family YMCA has raised more than $121,000 — that's 62.5 percent of our goal! Thanks to all who have made a pledge already, and if you haven't yet been asked, please consider making a pledge this year. Our goal is $195,000!
The Community's Need:
It’s a fact that strong, stable, secure families form a solid foundation for the growth and success of all family members, particularly children in low-income areas. We are committed to reaching out to kids and families regardless of income, to provide support by engaging in the Y.
We have a vision to significantly increase the time families spend together and, specifically, to engage 1 in 8 households in programs that will help family members of all ages and backgrounds learn, grow and thrive.
Last year, Joe & Mary Mottino Family YMCA raised $182,626 to provide Scholarships and subsidy to fulfill our mission to serve all people regardless of their ability to pay. The need is urgent and growing…and it can’t be met without you!
The Impact of Your Investment:
Joe & Mary Mottino Family YMCA’s campaign focuses on supporting our highest-need communities throughout Oceanside and surrounding areas. When you invest in the Y, your dollars will directly benefit kids and families in underserved communities.
Mottino Family YMCA By the Numbers:
- Our goal to raise this year: $195,000
- We provided $236,547 in Scholarships and subsidy to those who need it most.
- We gave $15,000 to 20 families with children who have special needs to attend camp with an inclusion aid.
- 122 children learned to swim and attended camp this past summer with the help of Scholarships.
- 60 military families sent their kids to STEM camp at no cost.
- $61,917 subsidy to military members so they have access to community support.
Why Your Gift Matters
NATIONWIDE CAMPAIGN TO CHANGE COMMUNITIES
We're helping San Diegans, just as thousands of volunteers are impacting communities across the country.
Samantha has a lot to smile about thanks to the Y’s before-and-after school program at Del Rio Elementary School. As a single mother, supporting her family is a responsibility on its own and challenge that she would never successfully achieve without the support of the YMCA.
Her third grade daughter, Abigail, has recently been enrolled into a gifted and talented program for her academics. “She’s excelling not only in school, but in life too! I know that this is a direct result to the fabulous and loving program the Y offers at Del Rio and I am forever grateful,” says Samantha.
Whether it’s in the classroom or on the soccer field, we’re seeing kids like Abigail reach new heights. With the support of our community, we’re able to continue programs to youth and families to learn, grow and thrive together.
GIVE YOUR GIFT ONLINEEvery gift large or small matters to us! Simply click below to access our secure online giving site:
GIVE US A CALLPhone in your Pledge: (760) 758-0808
MAIL IN A CHECKChecks can be made out to the
Joe and Mary Mottino Family YMCA and mailed to:
Joe and Mary Mottino Family YMCA
Attn: Annual Support Campaign
Oceanside, CA 92056
"Lighting the Way for Future Generations"
The Heritage Club is a group of people who support the mission of the YMCA through gifts and endowments like these:
- OUTRIGHT GIFTS: Money, securities, property or other marketable assets.
- TRUSTS & ESTATES: Creation of a charitable remainder trust, annuity trust, gift annuity, pooled income fund, short-term trust, or life estate gift to benefit the YMCA.
- LIFE INSURANCE: Naming the YMCA as the beneficiary of life insurance.
- WILL & PERSONAL TRUSTS: Naming the YMCA to receive a bequest in one's will or living trust.
In supporting this effort, many Y friends will help assure a strong, viable YMCA for future generations. Call 760-758-0808 for more information.