Group Exercise & Water Exercise Classes
We're changing the names of some our classes but we're keeping the formats and instructors the same! It's all part of a move to make it easier to find the class types that you like, at our Y or any Y! Here is a guide to the classes that will have a name change, starting in November.
CARDIO & STRENGTH
Mind & Body
POLICIES & ETIQUETTE
Attend a class that is appropriate to your personal fitness level.
- Turn off cell phones.
- Be on time to get the full advantage of the warm-up. We request that you not leave the class before it is dismissed so you are assured a proper cool down and stretch.
- Refrain from "doing your own thing." Follow the instructions given by the fitness instructors to ensure a safe and balanced class. If you need to modify your routine for a specific reason, notify the instructor before class.
- Limit your conversation in class as it is disruptive for other members.
- Enter class only after the previous class is finished.
- Wear appropriate exercise attire (bathing suit or shorts and t-shirt) and supportive exercise shoes when necessary.
- For your own protection, do not use ankle/wrist weights during the cardio portion of class.
- Return all equipment to it’s proper place after class.
- Refrain from the use of cologne/perfume prior to class; odor enhances as you workout.
- Bring a water bottle to stay hydrated.
- Do not enter rooms while cleaning crew are working.
- Bring towel and water shoes.
- Talk away from pool.
- Travel under lane lines.
- Swimming ability not necessary.
- Medical Release may be required.
- Yoga: Bring your own mat.
- Mind-Body class sessions will be closed 5 minutes after the start of each class. Be on time; late arrivals not permitted.
- Bring towel and water bottle to class.
- Show up 5-10 minutes prior to class to set up your cycle and/or warm-up.
- Padded cycling shorts and/or a gel seat cover are recommended.
- Tennis shoes work fine. SPD compatible cycling shoes are great for extra control.
- If you’re purchasing bike shoes, simply mention that they are for indoor cycling. Be sure to purchase the cleats along with the shoes
Age Appropriate:Minimum age to participate in group exercise classes is 13; for other age appropriate classes see Family Friendly (ages 7 to 12 are welcome). Children under age 13 are not allowed to sit and observe classes. You will be asked to leave class and check them into Child Watch.
Child Watch: Free on-site babysitting services for ages 3 months to 12 years is available at Child Watch for parents participating in on-site facility usage only.
Instructor Qualifications:Our instructors hold national certifications or have a minimum of a four-year degree in a health/fitness field. To stay current with fitness trends our instructors attend training programs, workshops, seminars and conventions. Music volume levels and class structure are set in accordance with industry standards. Classes are monitored on a regular basis to ensure safe, effective and enjoyable workouts.
Schedule Subject to Change: Class schedules are subject to change.