We offer teams sports, classes and clinics for players of all ages. See below for general information about programs. When registering, please check locations carefully — our programming runs out of Mission Valley Y, Toby Wells Y and our offsite fields at Clairemont High School and Whittier School.
Children ages 3 to 17 can be active, develop skills, learn sportsmanship and have fun playing sports at the Y!
Ages 3 to 5
We will introduce children ages 3 through 5 to the basic skills of a sport while developing sportsmanship and self-esteem. Above all, we want your child to enjoy sports and have fun!
Classes are offered at Mission Valley Y, Toby Wells Y and off-site fields at Clairemont High School and Whittier School.
- Flag Football
- Track & Field
We are dedicated to improving sports skills while emphasizing fun, sportsmanship, teamwork and the development of self-esteem. League play is at Mission Valley Y, Toby Wells Y and off-site fields at Clairemont High School and Whittier School.
- Basketball (recreational and competitive leagues)
- Indoor soccer (recreational and competitive leagues)
- Flag football
- Water polo/splashball
Understanding that every child has different skill levels, the referees are dedicated to explaining fouls before announcing them, and they concentrate on teaching methods that relate to each child's needs.Attention: Skill assessments are mandatory for all team sports. If you miss the skill assessment please contact the sports director for the specific sport.
AdultGet your game on and join one of our sports leagues! Form a team of join an existing one and enjoy friendly competition.
We offer soccer, basketball and volleyball leagues for adults.
League play is at Mission Valley YMCA on Friars Road, Toby Wells YMCA in Kearny Mesa or Clairemont High School.
Note: Check locations carefully.
- A $100 non-refundable deposit due no later than 7 days prior to league start date. Deposit deducts from total team fee
- Payments can be made prior to league start date by calling Mission Valley: 619-298-3576, Toby Wells: 858-496-9622 or online
- League fees due by the 3rd week of games. It is the captain's
responsibility to be paid in full.
- No game will be played if team(s) are not paid in full.
- All players must register online or at YMCA Welcome Center with photo ID.
Officiating fees are included in the league
fees. The cost of health/accident insurance is not included in the membership or
program fees. If there is
enough interest from individual players, teams may be formed. Please see staff at the Welcome Center
or contact Brian Boyd for Mission Valley, 619-298-3576 or Kirsten Roberts for Toby Wells, 858-496-9622