PrimeTime Extended Day Program (Grades K-8)The PrimeTime Expanded Learning Program is offered by the Mission Valley and Copley-Price branches of the YMCA in partnership with the San Diego Unified School District. We provide before and after school care at no cost to families, offering a safe place for youth to learn, grow, and thrive socially, emotionally, and physically.
Program activities include homework support, health and wellness, visual and performing arts, sports, art, digital media, leadership development, service learning, and character development.
We serve approximately 3,400 children each day through our 26 school sites. An Application and registration forms are necessary to enroll, and space is limited.
Juarez Elementary: Mission Valley YMCA offers a full-time and part-time preschool program for children ages 3 to 5 years at Juarez Elementary School.
Toler Elementary: Mission Valley YMCA offers a full-time preschool program for ages 3 to 5 years at Toler Elementary School.
Toby Wells YMCA: The Developmental Preschool at Toby Wells YMCA is a full-time program for children ages 2 to 5 years.
Copley-Price Family YMCA: Caring Kids Preschool at Copley-Price Family YMCA is a full-time program for children ages 2 to 5 years.Learn more by visiting our Preschool section.
How much does the program cost?
- PrimeTime is a grant funded program and is completely free to its participants.
- If you are applying during the initial enrollment period for a new school year (March-May), you will be notified of your application status by mail during the month of June.
- If you are applying during the school year for the current year, you will not be notified that your application was received, but you will be notified when/if you are accepted into the program by the site supervisor.
- You can call and check the status of your application at any time by using the YMCA PrimeTime hotline 858-863-3633
Where is my child on the waitlist?
- Unfortunately, I cannot tell you what number you are on the waitlist.The waitlist is based on the number of points an applicant receives during the application process, so the wait list numbers vary from week to week. You will be notified when/if we have space. It is our goal to serve as many families as we can we the resources available to us.
- Unfortunately, no accommodations like this can be made. I would encourage you to contact the boys and girls club or your local community center to see if other programs are available. I would also check with the school office to see if there are any other offerings on campus after school.
- It is our goal to serve as many people as we can with the resources available to us. Additionally, safety of all program participants and staff is our number one priority. We do serve students with special needs, and will exhaust our resources in an effort to support each child, but this program is not the best fit for all students, so we would love to sit down and talk about any necessary accommodations to see if PrimeTime is a good fit for your family.
- As stated in the parent handbook, all students are expected to attend the program for the full range of program hours. Priority is given to those that can attend the program daily for the full range of hours. We do allow students to leave early two days a week for parallel programs, but they are still expected to come every day. If a program does not have a waitlist, we are a little more lenient with the policy; however students attending daily ensure this program remains available to families for years to come. Our funding is based on student attendance, so students attending daily is crucial for our sustainability. Please see the attached attendance procedures for more information.
PrimeTime School Sites
- Carson Elementary
- Central Elementary
- Cherokee Point Elementary
- Chesterton Elementary
- Euclid Elementary
- Florence Elementary
- Franklin Elementary
- Garfield Elementary
- Hawthorne Elementary
- Juarez Elementary
- Kimbrough Elementary
- Lafayette Elementary
- Linda Vista Elementary
- Logan School
- Marshall Elementary
- McKinley Elementary
- Museum Charter School K-8
- Toler Elementary
- DePortola Middle
- Mann Middle
- Marston Middle
- Memorial Prep
- Montgomery Middle
- Roosevelt Middle —
Roosevelt After-School Programs
- Taft Middle
- Wilson Middle