- YMCA lifeguard has final authority
- Rescue drills performed weekly. Long whistle: EXIT THE POOL
- Children age 6 and under must be actively supervised by an adult 18 years or older
- All patrons under age 18 must meet one of the following:
- Successfully pass a swim test (25 yards continuous swim and tread water for one minute) OR
- Stand comfortably in chest deep water in the entire swim zone OR
- Wear a properly fitted United States Coast Guard (USCG) approved Personal Flotation Device (PFD) or life jacket OR
- Be within arm's reach of an adult (only one nonswimmer per adult).
- Recreational diving permitted in 9 or more feet of water.
- Please walk on pool deck.
- Prolonged underwater breath holding is dangerous and prohibited.
- USCG-approved life jacket and water noodles may be used.
- All pool equipment must be used appropriately.
- Swimming without a certified lifeguard on duty is prohibited.
- Swim diapers are required for children who are not potty-trained.
- Please shower before entering the pool
- Eating is permitted in designated areas only.
- Appropriate swimming attire must be worn at all times (cut-offs, jeans, etc., are not permitted).
- Children 3 years of age and under must wear a swim diaper.
- Children ages 8 & younger must be accompanied by an adult in the pool.
- Children ages 9-12 must have an adult present on the pool deck.
- No children under the age of 13 allowed in the outdoor pool.
- You must wear a swim suit at all times; no cutoffs, etc.
- Aquatic equipment (noodles, kick boards, water weights, pull buoys, etc.) are for swim lessons, swim team, and aquatic fitness classes only.
- You may bring your own aquatic equipment (noodles, kickboards, water weights, pull buoys, toys, etc.) for your personal use. Please use equipment as intended or the lifeguard on duty may revoke this privilege.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard approved Personal Flotation Devices are permitted in the pool
- Paying Family/Open swim participants are not permitted use of the lap swim lanes.
- No hypoxic training.
For information, contact: