Montgomery Intersession Academy
Three times a year during school breaks, a group of 50 Montgomery Middle School students work on developing tangible, technical skills while developing leadership through a STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Art and Math) curriculum. The program was inspired by a mutual commitment to providing Montgomery Middle School students, a low-income Title 1 school, with experiences that develop character and a sense of civic engagement.
- Help children build problem-solving skills
- Encourage kids to discover how things work
- Motivate kids to learn science, art, and engineering concepts by engaging them in real-world problems
curriculumMIA’s curriculum is a project-based program that includes STEAM, literacy, life skills, leadership, and character-based curriculum. MIA Curriculum gives students the opportunity to:
- Practice public speaking skills with a poster, Prezi, or Powerpoint presentation
- Learn team-building techniques and how to take different leadership roles in their group project
- Learn how to communicate and express themselves effectively with different community members and leaders
- Learn civic engagement through service-learning
- Gain access to project-based STEAM programming
- Learn life skills (from creating a resume, effective conflict-resolution, how to make healthy choices)
ONLY WITH YOUR HELP
This program is funded completely through donations to our Community Outreach Campaign. There is no charge to the schools or participants. For information on how to become involved, please call our main number, (619) 298-3576, and ask for the PRYDE or Outreach Director.