Policies & Procedures
MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION & UPDATES
- Members must bring their membership card each time they visit the YMCA and scan it to gain access.
- Loaned or expired cards will be confiscated.
- Not following YMCA policies & procedures is grounds for membership termination without refund.
- All youth 7-17 must complete an orientation and wear a membership badge while working out in the facility.
- Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult when not involved in Y programs.
- Tweens 7-12 years of age must complete orientation and wear wristband at all times. Tweens are limited to use of specific exercise equipment.
- Children ages 4+ must utilize appropriate gender locker rooms.
- Lost or stolen cards must be reported. First-time replacement fee will be waived. A $10 fee will be charged for further replacement cards.
- Memberships “on hold” for any reason other than an approved medical or military leave will be subject to a $10/month fee.
- Insurance: The cost of health/accident insurance is not included in membership or program fees.
- Personal baby-sitting services are not authorized by YMCA employees.
- The YMCA is not responsible for items lost or stolen while utilizing YMCA facilities/programs.
- No bags or purses are permitted in wellness rooms. Lockers are provided.
- SMOKING and/or DOGS are not permitted in the facility or on YMCA property.
- All requests for changes in membership accounts need to be done in writing.
- Family changing rooms are available for family memberships only.
- Policies and services are subject to change without notice in order to better meet the needs of YMCA members and participants.
Membership and program assistance is available for youth, adult and family memberships, as well as for Y programs. Funds are made available via the Annual Support Campaign. Contact our Membership Assistance Representative or Program Administrator for more information.
For appropriate paperwork, see registration forms page.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the membership office.
Membership cancellation requests must be in writing 10 days prior to your draft date. You may complete a cancellation form in the membership office, fax or mail your request. If you do not receive a confirmation notice acknowledging receipt of your request, it is your responsibility to follow up with our Membership Office.
Mission Valley YMCA
5505 Friars Road
San Diego, CA 92110
Attn: Account Services
Tel: (619) 298-3576
Fax: (619) 298-9262
In order to better serve you, we ask that you keep your membership information up to date. Please notify the Membership Office or Member Service Desk of the following:
- A change of name, address, phone number, or email.
- A change of bank account or bank draft credit card.
- The addition or deletion of a spouse on a family membership.*
- The addition or deletion of children on an adult or family membership.
- Cancellation of locker rental*
- Membership cancellation*
*10-day written notice required prior to draft date to avoid additional fees.
purpose of these policies is to allow the YMCA to maintain
quality programs and proper class ratios while maintaining flexibility
for our members and participants. Please note: Certain special interest programs and events are not applicable.
- Cancellation prior to start date:
Full refund or voucher, minus deposit and vendor fees.
- Cancellation after the first day:
75-percent refund or voucher, minus deposit and vendor fees.
- Cancellation on or after the second day:
No refund or voucher.
A request to transfer between classes in the same program needs to be done 10 days prior (14 days prior for camp) to the start of the session. All transfers are subject to availability and no transfers are guaranteed.
Y-Vouchers expire six months from the date of issue. Y-Vouchers are transferable to another member of your family or a friend. Y-Vouchers are applicable toward any Mission Valley YMCA Programs and are not redeemable for cash.
If the YMCA cancels a camp/program, we will give you the option to accept a full Y-Voucher, transfer, or refund. No refunds or Y-Vouchers are given for joiners fees, gift certificates or memberships. Certain special interest programs & events are not applicable.
Returned Check/Bank Draft PolicyThere is a $10 fee for all returned checks or returned bank drafts. You will be notified by mail or email for all membership or program returns.
Membership Returns: Memberships are placed on hold and facility usage will not be permitted until payment is received. your membership will be canceled if payment is not received by the next billing cycle.
Program Returns: You will not be permitted to participate in the program until payment is received.
Credit Card Drafts: If your expiration date changes, please contact us to update your account.
Lost & Found Policy
The Mission Valley YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items. All items turned in to the Member Service Desk will be held for two weeks. If not claimed, the items will be donated. Please check at the Member Service Desk for lost items.