join one, join all
With 17 convenient YMCA locations across San Diego County, when you join one Y, you join them all! Be part of a supportive community that helps bring people closer together. At every age and every level of activity, you’ll find people just like you looking to live a healthier lifestyle.
Need More Than One Y?
Membership gives you access to any Y in San Diego County. You’ll discover the convenience of being able to work out or attend classes at any Y with no additional fee per visit.
Many Ys, Join Them All
While you’re working out in one area of the county, your family can be playing or taking lessons at a Y location in another area.
Wherever You Are, We'll Be There
With the Y, you can be assured that whatever activity your family or your child engages in – child care, family time, sports camp – you’ll have a safe, positive environment to play, learn and grow.
When you register at a YMCA near you, your membership will include all the benefits at your Home branch, with access to offerings at other locations across San Diego County. See YMCA of San Diego County for a list of branches.
17 LOCATIONS IN SAN DIEGO
From time to time, we have special promotions for members and new members. See PROMOTIONS.
|Category||Joining Fee |
|Adult - Ages 26-64||$50||$47|
Two adults only
One adult and children ages 25 and under
Two adults and children ages 25 and under
|Senior - Age 65+||$50||$42|
Ages 13 - 25
Active, reserve, guard, verteran and retired military receive 10% off the full rate of any membership category, with joiner’s fee waived; must present a current DoD identification card at time of registration.
|10% off full rate of any category|
No joining fee
|* Must reside in same household. Proof of residency required at
registration. Add additional adults to Dual Adult or Family II for $25
Note: Must present picture ID when joining
The YMCA does not turn anyone away due to the inability to pay. Scholarships are available to those needing support in paying the membership and program fees.
Benefits of Mission Valley & Toby Wells YMCAs
FREE babysitting for family members
- FREE KickStart program to help you get started
- Personal TVs on cardio at all locations. Internet & workout personalization
- More than 400 group exercise, mind/body and cycling classes for all levels
- Two indoor and one outdoor swimming pools for lap swim, open swim, aquatic exercise and more
- Basketball courts at Mission Valley; gymnastics center at Toby Wells, soccer arena at Toby Wells and a skate/bike park in Clairemont (extra fee).
- Family-friendly fitness options
pricing on specialty programs, including swim lessons, sports leagues,
gymnastics, camp, fitness classes, family programs, dance lessons and
Joiner's fees and bank draftOur
Joiner's Fee is used to provide major repairs and equipment replacement.
This fee is payable when you join, in addition to your first month's
Memberships that have expired or been canceled for more than 30 days are subject to repayment of the Joiner's Fee to renew membership. Joiner's fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.Bank Draft Membership. Upon joining, payment of the first month's dues is required. With your authorization, an automatic monthly withdrawal will begin the following month of membership from either your checking or credit card account. This is an ongoing deduction that remains in effect until canceled in writing at least 10 days prior to your draft date. Payment of fees must be kept current, or membership will be subject to cancellation.
Day PassNonmembers (participants) who reside in San Diego County may obtain a free pass to use the facility for the day. Limited to two visits per year. purchase a pass to use the facility for the day. See below for member guest policy.
Seven-Day Pass(for nonresidents of San Diego County)
- Adult - Ages 26-64: $47
- Dual Adult (Two adults only): $73
- Family I (One adult and children ages 25 and under): $68
- Family II (Two adults and children ages 25 and under): $88
- Senior (Age 65+): $42
- Teen/Young Adult (Ages 13 - 25): $31
Public Swim Pass
- Youth - Ages 0-17: $2
- Student/Young Adult - Ages 18-25: $4
- Adult (Ages 26-64): $5
- Senior (Age 65+): $4
- Senior (Age 65+): $42
- Teen/Young Adult (Ages 13 - 25): $31
AWAY Program for visiting members
|Mission Valley YMCA (Friars Road):||619-298-3576|
|Toby Wells YMCA: ||858-496-9622|
|Krause Family Skate & Bike Park||858-246-6731|
Introduce your friends and family to the YMCA! As a YMCA member you may bring guests to the Y under the following guidelines:
- Members receive unlimited FREE guest passes. Maximum of two visits annually per free guest.
- Members must accompany their guests, who will check in, present photo I.D., and sign a waiver at the Welcome Center.
- All guests must follow Mission Valley YMCA policies and procedures.
- Guests of members may use Child Watch
- All guests under 18 must be accompanied by their parents or have a signed medical waiver on file.
- Seven-day pass: Nonresidents of San Diego County may purchase a seven day pass that allows full use of the facility. Details
The YMCA of San Diego County endorses the nationwide YMCA visiting member program, “AWAY (Always Welcome at YMCAs) and welcomes YMCA members outside of San Diego County identified by the “AWAY” printed on their membership card. Visiting AWAY members are permitted to use facilities and participate in programs under the same fee structure as our own members are charged.
When visiting outside of San Diego County, please contact that YMCA for their AWAY prices and policies.
Navigating your way through the many programs and classes we offer at our facilities can be daunting, so we've set up some free consultations and orientations to help you get started.
All new members should consider a Healthy Lifestyle Consultation, offered year-round at all facilities. Learn more.
Gift certificates for YMCA membership and programs are available for purchase at any time. No value limits. Gift certificates are transferable if necessary. No refunds.
To avoid late fees and to provide safe student/teacher ratios, advance registration is recommended for all programs. Space is limited. The fee must be paid in full prior to the start of class.