Healthy kids day
TOBY WELLS YMCA5105 Overland Avenue • San Diego, 92123 – map
April 30, 2016!
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Join us on Saturday, April 30 at Toby Wells YMCA for Healthy Kids Day, a FREE community event with fun activities for the whole family. We'll join more than 1,600 Ys around the country in a national initiative to improve the health and well-being of families. We want everyone to get moving and focus on the health and limitless potential of youth.
- Fun activities for the whole family
- First 100 registrants will be entered into a drawing for an iPad Mini! (The event is free, but please register).
Register online if you are a member. If you are not a member, you can register at either Toby Wells Y or Mission Valley Y. (locations)
- Pick up your Healthy Kids Day Passport and get a stamp from each booth you visit. Turn in your completed card for a chance to win prizes! Note: Must be present to win
- Save $5 on each week of summer camp when you register on April 30. Get your special discount code at Healthy Kids Day!
The event is free, but space is limited! Register today and you'll have a chance to win an iPad Mini!
- 11:00 a.m. Family ZUMBA!
- 11:10 a.m. Hooping with Chika
- 12:00 p.m. Family Karate
- 12:10 p.m. Adagio Dance
- 12:30 p.m. TW Boys Gymnastics
- 12:35 p.m. Mighty Shock
- 12:40 p.m. Motu Nehenehene
- 1:10 p.m. USA Jumpstars
- 1:25 p.m. Cheer & Step Workshop
- 1:55 p.m. Family Yoga Wind Down
In the Pool (April Pools Day!):
- Reach or Throw: Don’t Go!
12:15 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Swim Evaluations
12:35 p.m. – 12:55 p.m.
- Boating Safety
1:00 p.m. – 1:20 p.m.
- Lifejacket Relay Race
1:25 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
- Clothes Plunge (swim with clothes on!)
1:50 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
- Water Slide
2:30 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Participate in kid-friendly yoga activites, happening every 30 minutes at the yoga station!
- P.L.A.Y. Program
Experience our P.L.A.Y. program and try out the many different physical education activities they offer to our community. Our instructors will teach health & fitness tips, and activities for the whole family!
- Youth Sports - Soccer
Stop by the soccer station and practice your soccer skills, learn drills, and get information on the upcoming youth sports season.
- Kids Fit
Our fitness instructors have fitness challenges for you! Visit the Kids Fit station for fun activities that promote exercise through movement.
At the Y, we focus on the health and limitless potential of youth every day. We’re all about building on the SUPER qualities inside every kid, so we're planning some SUPER fun activities. Watch the SUPER in your child take off! We are committed to promoting healthy habits for kids and families. We encourage active play, and aim to inspire a lifetime love of physical activity.