can find top-of-the line equipment at both Mission Valley YMCA and Toby
Wells YMCA facilities. What's more, we have the qualified, caring staff
to go with it. Whether you're new to exercise or training for your next
competition, you'll find a clean, inviting space with plentiful options
to keep your body moving and getting stronger.
We invite to you explore:
- Internet-connected cardio equipment with TVs and personalized workout options
- Circuit training options and free weights
- Personal TVs on cardio equipment
- Treadmills, ellipticals AMTs, stair climber
- Queenax functional training unit
- HD Elite power racks from Life Fitness
- Cybex SPARC and EAGLE NX lines at Mission Valley (Friars Road)
We're the first with the best!
Queenax Functional TrainingMission Valley Y
The Queenax functional training unit from Precor is like a giant jungle-gym for adults! Our setup will allow functional training — performing real-life activities in real-life positions. You can do exercises that mimic the same motions you would execute when climbing stairs or bending over in the garden. This unit will offer options for all fitness levels.
Cybex SPARC Mission Valley Y
No other YMCA has one of these. The Cybex SPARC (Strength Power Accelerated Resistance Cardio) trainer. The SPARC is an all-around, high-intensity training machine that is ideal for all levels of fitness.
Here's how it works:
- Using a fan as its primary resistance, the SPARC has two modes of operation:
Circuit Mode – Single, quick high power movement lasting typically less than one minute
Interval Mode – Longer duration workout that has user-defined high intensity and rests
- You can manually control the incline set at three positions
- The machine is designed to reduce strain on knees
Mission Valley Y • Toby Wells Y
The HD Elite power racks from Life Fitness have been a popular addition to the strength room at Toby Wells Y, and now Mission Valley Y will have a set, too! These modular racks offer lots of options for strength training, and our Wellness Coaches can help you get started!
only at the y
Cybex Eagle NX Strength
Mission Valley Y
Cybex believes that strength training has evolved beyond the number of pounds bench-pressed and reps crunched. Today, it’s about burning calories, building lean muscle, improving bone density, and managing chronic conditions.
We're excited to add the Cybex Eagle NX line to our strength room. You'll find the weight selector is easy to see and reach. Any of our Wellness Coaches can help you get set up.