Character Builders is licensed child care for grades K-8, based at your child's school.
- Quality, affordable and dependable care
- Based at child's school
- Safe, controlled environment
- Licensed by Child Care Licensing Division of the California Department of Social Services
- Aligned to Common Core state standards
- Arts & crafts
- Academic enrichment, including homework assistance
- Team-building activities
- Indoor/outdoor activities
- Field trips
- Nutritious afternoon snack
StaffLicensed by the State of California, YMCA Before- and After-School Child Care is regulated by health, safety and program quality standards. Staff must be 18 years old, have completed 12 college credits in child care related fields and undergone live scan fingerprint, physical & TB tests, child abuse and criminal record clearances. Staff are also required to be First Aid and CPR certified.
Sites We Serve
|Holmes Elementary School||372005393|
|Bay Park Elementary School||376600552|
|Longfellow K-8 Spanish Immersion Elementary School||376600371|
|School of the Madeleine||376600593|
|Old Town Academy ||376701230|
Character Builders Registration
- Fill out the registration forms and submit with $50 registration fee.
- Complete the Licensing Package. This document MUST be with your child at the first day of school.
Please allow two business days for paperwork and tuition fees to be processed before child care services may begin.
For questions about curriculum, hours and eligibility:
Vanessa Perez, Character Builders Coordinator
Quinton Buckley, Regional Director - Child & Youth Development
For questions about fees, registration or other administrative issues:
Chelsea Earley, Office Administrator