FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Character Builders now has member/participant pricing
At the Y, we are driven to serve the families in our community. Over the next 10 years, the YMCA will strengthen this focus through more programs, resources and membership benefits to positively impact family members. The YMCA is committed to increase family activities, expand our facilities and provide high quality affordable programming to support families. By offering member pricing for our Character Builder families we offer easy access to membership benefits and high-quality, affordable child care.
What does membership pricing mean for my family?
What does it cost to become a member of the Y?
Choose from two family membership options (or see the Membership Rates section for all categories):
- Family I: Includes one adult and all children 25 and under living in the same household
$50 joiner’s fee
- Family II: Includes two adults and all children 25 and under living in the same household
$50 joiner’s fee
- Access to 17 YMCA facilities in San Diego
- Use of state-of-the-art fitness centers, where children ages 7 to 12 can use strength equipment and cardio machines that are outfitted with Wi-Fi and personal TVs
- More than 400 group exercise
classes weekly, with many family-friendly class options like Zumba, yoga and more
- Free child watch for up to two hours for children ages six weeks to 12 years
- Waived membership to Krause Family
Skate and Bike Park in Clairemont
- Access to three swimming pools with
various options, including family swim time, splash pad, water slide, lap swim
- Access to Cymer Digital Studio, offering youth nights, classes in digital arts, music and more
- Up to 30-percent savings on programs like camp, swim lessons, gymnastics, sports, personal training and more
- Saturday Night Out babysitting service
for family members ·
Scholarships are available. Please download the application packet or visit the
Welcome Center at either Mission Valley YMCA or Toby Wells YMCA for information on
qualifications and how to apply. In addition, we can help you apply for third-party payments.
If I register now for Character Builders as a participant and decide to become a member later, how does this affect my rate?
Your rate will be adjusted once you become a member. Your membership must be active 15
days prior to the Character Builders draft date.
What if I cancel my membership?
You will be charged the difference between member/nonmember pricing on your next monthly
draft. This fee will be prorated if applicable.
If you have questions about curriculum, hours and eligibility, contact:
Karin Cabalo, Program Coordinator:
619-298-3576, ext. 12041
If you have questions about fees, registration or other administrative issues, contact:
Chelsea Earley, Program Administrator
619-298-3576, ext. 12023