- Day Camp: Mon. - Fri. 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Extended Hours: 7:00am - 9:00am & 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Day Camp Sign Out Policy
To ensure the safety of your child at camp, only persons authorized by you, the parent, will be allowed to pick up your child. All adults picking up children from camp are required to identify themselves with a photo I.D. Please plan accordingly. Anyone without proper authorization or identification will not be able to pick up a child. If this happens, a phone call will be made to the parent/ guardian immediately. Please notify us, in writing, of any changes to the information on the medical release. If you need to add an authorized pick up, call camp director and send an email
Drop Off Time
Camp begins at 9:00 am. If you drop your child off after the camp bus leaves, you are responsible for transporting your child to the camp location. The YMCA will not send a vehicle back to pick up late campers.
Please apply sunscreen (SPF-30 or higher) to your child BEFORE
you drop him/her off at camp. Sunscreen will be reapplied at least once during the camp day. If your child has special needs, please speak to the Unit Leader.
Campers return to the YMCA by 4:00 pm. If you need to pick up your child early, please notify the camp Unit Leader in advance. You may contact the Unit Leader by calling the cell number on the activity calendar or writing a note and handing it to the staff directly.
A late fee of $1/minute
will be assessed if you pick up your child after 6:00 pm.
Checks are payable to the La Jolla YMCA. If a child has not been picked up by closing time, we refer to the emergency information and begin calling the numbers listed.
Medical Emergency Form
It is vitally important that all the information on your child's medical emergency form is accurate! Registration will not be processed if medical form is incomplete. Please include mobile phone numbers, and current daytime phone numbers!
Camp Transfer Policy
Camper may transfer camps and deposit, space permitting. Transfers will not be accepted after a child has participated in 2 full days of camp.
Camp Refund and Voucher Policy
- Before start date of camp session
100% voucher or refund (customer's choice) less program deposit & vendor fees. ($25)
- After the first day of camp
75% voucher or refund (customer's choice) less program deposit & vendor fees. ($25)
- After the second day of camp
$0 voucher or refund (medical/special circumstances at the branch's discretion)
- Vouchers may be used by any member of your family for any YMCA of San Diego County program.
Camp Deposits (All Deposits are Non-Refundable)
- You may reserve a space in any Summer Camp for your child with a
$25 non-refundable deposit
- All deposits are credited to the remaining balance of the camp.
- Deposits may only be transferred if signing up for a new week of camp.
Camperships are available to those families in need of Scholarships. A family must meet the required Scholarships guidelines in order to receive funding. Scholarships forms are available at the La Jolla YMCA Courtesy Desk. In order to process the paperwork in a timely fashion, Scholarships and camp registration forms must be turned in at least 3 weeks before the camp starts
- Make an Online Payment
- All camp balances are due on the Monday, one week, before the camp session starts.
- If your payment is not received in full on the Monday, one week, before the camp session starts, your child's registration will be cancelled and the deposit will be forfeited. Unfortunately, there will be no exceptions to this policy.
- All registrations made less than ONE week before a camp starts must be paid in full at the time of registration. On the Tuesday before each session begins, all camp prices increase by $25.
- Camp promotions and discounts are non-transferable. If you choose to transfer camps or are dropped due to non-payment any time after Camp Sign Up Day, you will forfeit all promotions and/or discounts.