Peer Health Advocates ProgramThe PHA (Peer Health Advocates) program is looking for friendly and enthusiastic teens in grades 10th-12th who are interested
in interning for the San Ysidro Health Center as Peer Health Advocates (PHA's). PHA's will learn various health topics, and will conduct group presentations and one-on-one health education about the topics to their peers. The PHA Program is a collaboration between the Jackie Robinson YMCA, San Ysidro Health Center, and San Diego Youth Action Board. This program is open to students living in Southeastern San Diego.
Participants will achieve:
- Positive exposure to community resources
- Leadership skills
- Greater self esteem through increased responsibility
- Comprehension of YMCA programs
- Better understanding teen health topics
- Community service credit for school
- Valuable pre-work experience
- Resume builder
Receive up to $500 in gift cards when you complete all requirements of the program!
If you are interested in becoming a Peer Health Advocate please fill out the comment form with your name and phone number, and someone will contact you shortly.