Swim lesson participants are taught skills that include personal safety, stroke development, survival and rescue skills as well as water sports and games. The program content is based on the concept of developing a healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Instruction is delivered in a student-centered, caring atmosphere by certified instructors who give students personalized attention. Lessons are developmentally appropriate and designed to quickly and effectively teach aquatic skills. Safety is our highest priority. Some of the benefits of learning in a group setting include improving social skills, leadership development, and appreciation of diversity.
Sponsor A Swimmer
Do you have suits that don't fit? Do you have a spare pair of goggles?
Help us provide all members with the ability to enjoy the pool year round.
We collect suits for kids, men and women, as well as any other pool equipment you may be able to offer. We appreciate your support!
For more information:
Breeanna Bailey, Aquatics Director
619 264 0144 x 106
Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations have been established for the benefit and protection of all patrons to assure the safe operation of pool facilities. Patrons are requested to cooperate in observing these rules and are subject to the revocation of their swimming privileges, if found to be violating rules.
- No running, inappropriate language or fighting in the pool area.
- No person shall use the pool unless YMCA lifeguard(s) are on duty (on pool deck).
- Gum chewing, tobacco, food, or candy is not permitted in the pool.
- Glass containers of any kind are not allowed in the pool area or locker rooms.
- Running on the pool deck or within the confines of the pool enclosure is prohibited.
- Boisterous or rough play, dunking, splashing, yelling, diving or jumping haphazardly, snapping of towels, and any other improper conduct causing undue disturbances in or about the pool is prohibited.
- Toys, balls, inner tubes, inflated boats, floats, etc., are not permitted in pool, except during swim lessons.
- Kickboards will be provided for use by lap swimmers only.
- Kickboards may not be used as floatation or instructional aids during open swim.
- The ladders or steps should be used when leaving the pool.
- Prolonged underwater swimming for distance is forbidden.
- Patrons are not to visit or engage in unnecessary conversations with the lifeguards while they are on duty.
- All swimmers must pass swim test to enter deep end.
- All personal items must be stored in lockers, not on pool deck or near pool edge.
- All swimmers MUST wear swim attire, not shirts, boxers, and/or denim shorts.
- Children in diapers must use specially designed swim diapers.
- If your child has an accident in the pool you are subject to a $50 fine to cover decontamination fees