VISIT Our temporary office!
During construction, the Jackie Robinson Family YMCA administrative operation will be based at the Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation, 404 Euclid Avenue in Suite 221. Office hours at the new temporary site are Monday -Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. Call 619.264.0144 for more details!
*Renderings subject to change
YOUR NEW YMCAJackie Robinson Family YMCA
An all new Jackie Robinson Family YMCA will allow us to serve thousands more children and adults living in the Southeast San Diego Communities, giving residents more opportunities to grow in spirit, mind and body.
Click the image above for a conceptual virtual tour of your new YMCA.
- Fully functional and outfitted state-of-the-art Saxten Family Fitness & Wellness Center
- Two Wellness Studios for group exercise, mind and body, cycling, and more
- Men's and Women's Locker Rooms
- Child Watch Center and Kid's Adventure Land
- Future Leaders Center
- Member Lounge
- Major League Baseball All-Star Sports Complex with night lighting
- Gymnasium featuring a 94'x50' main court for basketball and volleyball with two cross courts for basketball with adjustable goals and volleyball
- Outdoor soccer and basketball arenas (will be rebuilt in Phase 2) with night lighting
- Community Multi-Purpose/Wellness Studio with Southwest Sunset Outdoor Patio
- *Aquatics Center with Splash Pad and night lighting
- *Family Changing Room
GO HERE to add your voice!
- A new Y will allow us to meet the growing physical,
educational and social needs of our Southeastern San Diego Communities.
- A new Y will provide life-changing programs for hundreds if not thousands more people of all abilities and ages.
- Creates the ability to offer a welcoming and supportive
environment for people regardless of social, economic background.
- Provides positive support and encourages families to spend more time together.
- The Y promotes wholesome values, healthy lifestyles and inclusiveness.
- Teach positive character values to more youth and teens.
- Partner with local San Diego Companies and organizations to aid in keeping our community connected.
- Adapt to changing program needs
through modern, flexible spaces
THE NEED IS GREAT!Located in one of San Diego's most under-served communities, the new Jackie Robinson Family YMCA will be a beacon of hope for families looking to spend more time and get healthier together.
(click to enlarge)
HOW YOU CAN HELP
With your help, we can serve others, nurture children, and stay healthy for decades to come. As a part of the community for more than 50 years, the Jackie Robinson Family YMCA is dedicated to helping children, families and adults grow and be healthy in body, mind and spirit. Today the Y continues our mission and looks forward to the next 50 years of serving the South Eastern San Diego community.
WHO DO WE SERVE?
(Click to enlarge)
Conditions in the communities surrounding the current Jackie Robinson Family YMCA (white spot) are more profound than anywhere else in the county.