Returned Check/Bank Draft Policy
There is a $10 charge for all returned checks or NSF drafts. This places your membership on hold until payment is received. Use of facility is not permitted until payments are made current. Checks will not be resubmitted and payment must be made in cash or cashier’s check. Should an NSF draft occur, you will be billed.
Membership Cancellation Policy
Membership cancellation requests must be in writing 10 days prior to your draft date.
You may complete a cancellation form at our Welcome Center. A confirmation notice will be sent to you.
Membership Fee Refunds
Refunds for membership only apply to membership fees and do not apply to Joining Fees. Refunds will only be prorated to refund remaining membership dates.
Membership Information Updates
In order to better serve you, we ask that you keep your membership information up to date. Please notify the Welcome Center of: Change of name, e-mail, phone number; bank account; the addition/deletion of a spouse or children on a membership.
Members may bring two guest per visit at no charge. The same guest can only use the facility a maximum of twice per calendar year at no charge. Members must accompany their guests and guests must complete both a facility usage waiver and a facility tour. Guests under the age of 18 must have parent/guardian consent. All guests must follow Jackie Robinson Family YMCA policies and procedures.
Each member must present to the Welcome Center current YMCA photo ID card to enter the facility. Lost or stolen cards must be reported. First-time replacement fee will be waived. A $10 fee will be charged for further replacement cards. Loaned or expired cards will be repossessed. Membership benefits and membership cards are non transferable.
Age & Safety Guidelines
Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult when not involved in Y programs. Children age 6+ must utilize appropriate gender locker rooms. Teens between the ages 13-17 are required to take a Fitness Center Orientation before using the Fitness Center. Minimum age for all fitness classes, lap swim, and Fitness Center access is 13 years of age.
Memberships may be placed "on hold" for a maximum of 3 months per calendar year. Membership "on hold" for any reason other than an approved medical or military leave will be subject to a $10/month fee.
- The cost of health/accident insurance is not included in membership or program fees.
- Personal baby-sitting services performed by YMCA employees is not allowed.
- The YMCA is not responsible for items lost or stolen while utilizing YMCA facilities/programs.
- Not following YMCA policies & procedures, and Code of Conduct, will lead to membership termination without refund.
- Some health and fitness programs may require medical clearance prior to participation.
- Closed-toed athletic shoes are required for use of all fitness equipment (cardio and strength) and fitness classes.
- Smoking, drinking or the use of any illegal substances is not permitted in the facility or on YMCA property.
- Animals are not allowed in the facility or on YMCA property, “working dogs” are the exception to this rule.
- Members & participants must have a completed Information & Waiver Form before participating in programs and events.
- Policies & services subject to change without notice in order to better meet the needs of members and participants.
Member Code of Conduct
Being a member of the YMCA is a privilege. Members should demonstrate the YMCA values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility, at all times. The YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for everyone, all individuals are asked to act appropriately at all times when in our facility or participating in our programs. We expect persons using the YMCA to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Memberâ€™s Code of Conduct outlines prohibited action, but the actions listed to the right are not an all-inclusive list of behaviors considered inappropriate in our facilities or programs.
The YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs, chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages.
Members and guests are encouraged to take responsibility for their personal comfort and safety. Anyone who feels uncomfortable in confronting a person directly should report the behavior to a staff person or the Manager on Duty. Suspension or termination of YMCA membership privileges may result if the Executive Director determines that a violation of the Memberâ€™s Code of Conduct occurred.
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior.
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, or threatening way.
- Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person.
- Inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property.
- Loitering within or on the grounds of the YMCA.
- Cell phone photography or unauthorized photography of members or participants.