Community Response Team
We believe that families in Southeast San Diego deserve the time and energy to heal from crisis.We work to become advocates for those families who may not have the strength to survive violence alone.
The pain of violence in a family can be devastating—however, with the support of the Community Response Team families will walk away with the tools towards recovery.
We are a wide variety of specialists who can provide services and resources for victims of gang violence, suicide, homicide, bullying, domestic violence, child abuse and other forms of violence not listed above.
We provide referral services to families in the following areas:
- Rental assistance
- Low Income Burial Assistance
- SDG&E Low Income Programs and Referrals
- Food Packages
- Counseling Referrals, including Grief and Trauma Groups
- and much more!
15 students from Bishops High School were selected to do a service project. Interviewing mothers whom are surviving a violent loss while speaking on ways to increase peace in the community.
For 3 days these students worked diligently to learn their stories and provide documentaries on their stories. View below to see their work!
Two years after a spike in violent crime, students revisit a troubled neighborhood and find new voices of hope amid more of the same struggles. Mothers With A Message, a new volunteer group of victims' moms who spend time in public recounting over and over again their stories of loss, will be a prominent voice in the students' documentary filmed at the Jackie Robinson Family YMCA by the Building Peace Club from The Bishop's School.
Read more at http://www.sandiegomagazine.com/San-D....
Family Referral Service
Please leave contact information for a family you feel may need our services and we will be in touch.
Once the family has been identified, overtime we consistently work with them so that the impact of violence is minimized. It is our hope that families will be able to outreach and respond to crisis by working with one another.
In order to move the family from crisis to stability we will work with a coalition to provide services such as:
- Family Parenting Resources and Family Strengthening Workshops
- Death and Grief Relief
- Therapy and Crisis Management Relief
- Domestic Violence Services
- The Leadership Academy
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse support services
- Gang Awareness —Overcoming Gangs
- YMCA Sports Programs for youth
- YMCA access to ongoing programs
- Plus much more!
How we Help
- Refer a family (619) 990-5916
- We contact the family for a home visit
- We identify the families immediate and long term needs and provide resources to help
- We provide continuous support and follow up for the family