The program content is based on the concept of developing a healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Instruction is delivered in a student-centered, caring atmosphere by certified instructors who give students personalized attention.
Lessons are developmentally appropriate and designed to quickly and effectively teach aquatic skills. Safety is our highest priority. Some of the benefits of learning in a group setting include improving social skills, leadership development, and appreciation of diversity.
Click to View the Current Pool Schedule
Adult Lap Swim
Join us for uninstructed lap swimming for ages 14 and up.
Join us for open swim at our seasonal hours.
Where you can splash, play, and wade around in our pool!
During open swim members of the community who are not members at the Jackie Robinson Family YMCA can use our pool for
- $20.00 for individual community members.
- $30.00 for the family.*
*Families are considered up to two adults and children in the households.
Jackie Robinson StingRays
Jackie Robinson Family YMCA Stingray Swim Team is a great place to make new
friends and hone your swimming skills.
Whether you just enjoy the water, are
looking to stay in shape off season, or want to compete in YMCA association
swim meets we are the team for you!
Swim Team practices year round. Not quite ready to join the Stingrays? Start out on our Pre-team
that meets weekly.
Contact the Jackie Robinson Y to set up your try-out today!
Sponsor A Swimmer
Do you have suits that don't fit? Do you have a spare pair of goggles?
Help us provide all members with the ability to enjoy the pool year round.
collect suits for kids, men and women, as well as any other pool
equipment you may be able to offer. We appreciate your support!
Breeanna Bailey, Aquatics Director
619 264 0144 x 106
Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations have been established for the benefit and protection of all patrons to assure the safe operation of pool facilities. Patrons are requested to cooperate in observing these rules and are subject to the revocation of their swimming privileges, if found to be violating rules.
- No running, inappropriate language or fighting in the pool area.
- No person shall use the pool unless YMCA lifeguard(s) are on duty (on pool deck).
- Gum chewing, tobacco, food, or candy is not permitted in the pool.
- Glass containers of any kind are not allowed in the pool area or locker rooms.
- Running on the pool deck or within the confines of the pool enclosure is prohibited.
- Boisterous or rough play, dunking, splashing, yelling, diving or jumping haphazardly, snapping of towels, and any other improper conduct causing undue disturbances in or about the pool is prohibited.
- Toys, balls, inner tubes, inflated boats, floats, etc., are not permitted in pool, except during swim lessons.
- Kickboards will be provided for use by lap swimmers only.
- Kickboards may not be used as floatation or instructional aids during open swim.
- The ladders or steps should be used when leaving the pool.
- Prolonged underwater swimming for distance is forbidden.
- Patrons are not to visit or engage in unnecessary conversations with the lifeguards while they are on duty.
- All swimmers must pass swim test to enter deep end.
- All personal items must be stored in lockers, not on pool deck or near pool edge.
- All swimmers MUST wear swim attire, not shirts, boxers, and/or denim shorts.
- Children in diapers must use specially designed swim diapers.
- If your child has an accident in the pool you are subject to a $50 fine to cover decontamination fees
Splash, Dance, GET FIT!
Aqua Bootcamp or Aqua Fit
Join us Saturday mornings for Aqua Fit. A fun workout for the whole family that helps tone for all levels. This low impact workout is sure to please!
If the weekends don't work we've got a solution for you. Join us Monday am for Aqua Bootcamp or Wednesday am for our Aqua Fit. Both of these classes are designed with you in mind a water aerobics course for all levels!