3D box LACROSSE
Winter Box Skills Clinic
3D Box Lacrosse at the YMCA is committed to delivering superior experiences for players and families looking for more than what are typically available in the marketplace. Our ability to develop players is unparalleled in the lacrosse training landscape today. Our mission is simple: develop individual players to their fullest potential.
Program emphasis will be placed on teaching the game of box lacrosse while utilizing drills designed for Youth and Middle School players. Our revolutionary training will be led by one of the most prolific team of coaches in San Diego County. Our teams of coaches have competed at the highest levels of lacrosse at the High School, Collegiate, and Professional levels.
Our program goal: Training and Skills
- Provide an outstanding instructional, educational and technical training experience for each player
- Our professional coaching staff will utilize the 3D Box/Field Hybrid Development System to train each player in this unique program
- Focus on player development (arguably the most important and often least emphasized component of lacrosse)
- Develop new levels of playmaking with proven 3D Lacrosse training scenarios
**This box lacrosse clinic is for beginner to advanced players.**
DATES: Monday, November 7 – Wednesday, December 14th, 2016
SCHEDULE: Youth & Middle School – Monday & Wednesday, 4-6 pm
AGE GROUPS: 1st – 4th (Youth) 5th - 6th and 7th - 8th (Middle School)
DATES: Tuesday, November 8 – Thursday, December 15th, 2016
SCHEDULE: Middle School & High School – Tuesday & Thursday, 4-6 pm
AGE GROUPS: 5th – 6th and 7th – 8th (Middle School) 9th – 12th (High School)
$200 YMCA MEMBER
Magdalena ECKE Family YMCA:
200 Saxony Road, Encinitas CA 92024
Each participant must have a current medical release/liability form on file with the Registration Department in order to play. In addition, we request you submit our Participant Information Form. Inquiries should be directed to Don Culbertson at [email protected].
KEVIN COOPER (COOP)
· MLL Professional Lacrosse Player/ Chesapeake Bayhawks
· University of Maryland leading scorer, led the team to back to back National Championship appearances
· Offensive Assistant Coach 2015 CIF champions Poway Titans and 2016 D1 CIF runners up San Marcos Knights
MLL Professional Lacrosse Player/ Chesapeake
- 3 Year starter at the University of Maryland
(Terps ranked as one of the top 5 nationally for fewest goals allowed in each
of his 3 years
- Totaled 88 groundballs and caused 47 turnovers as a defensemen and defensive midfielder
BLACK FRIDAY 3x TournamentCome join 3d lacrosse in our inaugural Black Friday 3x Tournament!! We will be holding a 3x tournament at the Magdalena Ecke YMCA in Encinitas on Friday November 25, 2016(Day after thanksgiving).
3x is a short-sided game that provides players with a huge amount of reps, a lot of touches with the ball, and an opportunity to play both offense and defense. Learning the keys of the game, in a fun and face-paced environment. We will have pool and Bracket play over the course of the two hours, and prizes will be awarded to winning teams in each age group.
Players have the option to pick their own teams (Team name, and teammates) prior to registration. Teams must be three or four players only. Players will then register individually, but enter their team name, and teammates, when prompted.
Players can also enter individually, and they will be put on a team by our staff.
Please check out the video link below to get a better idea what 3x is!
Age Groups• 1-4th
• High School JV(9-10th)
• High School Varsity(10-12th)
MAGDALENA ECKE FAMILY YMCA200 Saxony Rd, Encinitas, CA 92024
November 25th, 9:00am-2:00pm
Schedule• Games will start at 9am and run until we have a champion for each age group
• Each team will be guaranteed 4 games minimum with a chance to make it all the way to our championship
• 10-15 minute games (Official Game time length will be determined on number of teams participating.)
• Maximum of 4 players to a team
• Team will enter oldest player's Grade Bracket.
• Teams must supply their own, matching uniforms.
• Players may also register as free agents. (We will match players based on graduation year.)
• Everyone is Guaranteed 4 games but could play 7 if you make it to the championship
• Games will start at 9AM
• 8 teams in each division (Going of Sign ups)
• First 3 games determine your seeding
• WINNING TEAM GETS STX PRIZE!!!!
Cost• $35 per player
• $125 a team
Equipment• Short Stick
• Athletic shoes
• Team Shirts/Jerseys
NO BODY CHECKS
NO DEFENSIVE POLES
NO GOALIE STICKS
***REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE Sunday, Nov 20 at MIDNIGHT***
Schedule will be released Tuesday, Nov 22nd.
· Zack Burke - Poway HS Head Coach-Philadelphia Wings (NLL) and Chesapeake Bayhawks (MLL)
· Kevin Cooper - San Marcos HS Asst. Coach-University of Maryland and Atlanta Blaze (MLL)- 2015 MLL Play of the Year: Click here for video
· Matt Burke - Del Norte HS Asst. Coach-Limestone College, 2016 US Lacrosse High School Assistant coach of the year in San Diego
· Jake O’Donnell - Drexel University and Poway All Time Leading Scorer
· Jacob Brewster - UMBC and Valley Center