YOU SPOKE, WE HEARD YOU!
Last Spring, many of you took the time to participate in our Y membership experience survey. We appreciate the feedback and detailed responses to help us improve your satisfaction at your YMCA. Your membership is important to us, and we want you to know we are doing everything we can to ensure you are getting the best experience possible at the Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA.
Here are some changes that we have made based on your requests:
- NEW! Free childwatch! Children on Y family memberships can use the childwatch for free
- NEW! Masters swim is now free with your membership!
- NEW! 34 family-friendly classes, including new mind and body workshops as well as outdoor classes
- NEW! Children ages 7-12 can now join their parents for cardio and strength training
- NEW! Family and One Parent Family memberships will include preschool registration fees, childcare registration fees, Adventure Clubs and Skate Park membership fees!
- NEW! Expanded studio cycling schedule with 33 weekly classes, including family classes
- NEW! Free - Fit 4 Me, Personalized 8-12 Week Fitness Coaching Program
- NEW! Strength training equipment, a Life Fitness synergy systems, free weight room and cardiovascular machines
- INCLUSIVE access to splash pad, family recreational and lap swimming and family locker rooms
- MORE Fitness and Yoga Classes over 200 per week!
- FITNESS SCHEDULING: 17 popular fitness classes added to the fitness schedule on December 17! This is a total of 207 weekly fitness classes! You’re getting more Yoga, Pilates, Cycling and Zumba in addition to new, popular-trending fitness classes such as Fitness Barre and Sandbell Class! Class scheduling will changed to consistent start and end times each day of the week to help you plan, schedule and park with greater ease.
- PARKING: We have rearranged Y Staff parking to open up 50-60 spaces during your Y visit.
- AIR QUALITY: We have recently installed two 10-ton ionizing air conditioning units in the Strength Training Center and Loft to improve the quality of air during your workouts. In addition, we have replaced the carpet in the Loft and Wellness Center with a clean, rubber surface to improve your experience. Fans have also been added in key studios to enhance air movement during your exercise workouts.
- CHILDWATCH HOURS: Childwatch Center is now open earlier, at 7:45 a.m. Monday through Friday, to accommodate your scheduling needs. Sunday hours have been extended to accommodate the afternoon Yoga class schedule.
- HOURS OF OPERATION: We now Open at 5:00 a.m. Monday through Friday! We are pleased to accommodate earlier open hours for your scheduling convenience!
- LAP SWIMMING: We are excited to offer more lanes of lap swimming! Our earlier hours of operation allow for more lap time and we are also working to adjust the full competition pool schedule to open more lap lanes during peak times.
We hope these changes will enhance your experience at the Y, and ultimately help you keep health and wellness as a priority in your daily lives. We’re committed to ensuring you have the best possible experience at the Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA and we thank you for your loyal membership. If you have any questions or feedback, please contact Lauren Hall, Associate Executive Director at [email protected].
The YMCA Board of Directors &