Are you ready to have an incredible summer filled with healthy, family fun? The Y has always been a place where families can play and be active together and today, that is more important than ever.
Join the Y and participate a variety of activities like sports, specialty exercise classes and personal training or more recreational activities like swimming, day camp and gymnastics. Y's want families doing activities together because you'll be more connected and form memories that last a lifetime!
Healthy Kids Day 2017 Schedule:
9:00- Healthy Kids Day Kicks Off & Check-In for Families
9:15- Family Fun Run
9:45- Kids Yoga/Stretch
10:30- Story Time/Dancing with Disney Characters
11:40- Aquatics Rescue Simulation
12:00- HKD wrap up
What are the Benefits of Being a Y Member?
- Unlimited access to all 17 YMCA locations in San Diego County!
- FREE Programs for families (parent /child swim classes, Adventure Guides, Open Gym & More!)
- FREE Family-Friendly Fitness Centers with NEW Cardio and Strength Equipment
- FREE Kick-start - Fitness Introduction Training
- FREE Youth and Teen Health and Fitness Programs
- Hundreds of Group Exercise Classes each week free & included with membership
- FREE Childwatch with Family Membership -Kids have fun while you get fit!
- Unlimited use of all East County Family YMCA Facilities (La Mesa, Santee, Spring Valley)
- FREE Basketball, volleyball, and recreational use of gymnasium (McGrath/Spring Valley(
- Lower prices on sports, swim, gymnastics, day and overnight camps, while also receiving priority registration!
- Family Nights, Adventure Clubs, and Family Camps!
- Special Events, Lectures, Seminars and More!
HEALTHY KIDS DAY VENDORS
Now Accepting Vendor Applicants!
Apply here to become a Healthy Kids Day Vendor at the East County Family YMCA!
If your company is interested in being a Healthy Kids Day Vendor-please contact us (info below) to fill out an application. If you have further questions, see below contact information for each East County Family YMCA Facility running a Healthy Kids Day Event.
- Rebecca Kassab
McGrath Family YMCA (619) 462-9622 x13320
HOW CAN YOU PUT MORE PLAY IN YOUR DAY?
Some simple ways to get the family moving more:
- Make physical activity a regular part of family play time – the more active kids are the more likely they are to continue being physically active later in life.
- Allow kids to have unstructured playtime. All play is not created equal – kids need different types of play, including indoor and outdoor, active and inactive.
- Reintroduce your kid to the basics of active play: play hopscotch or basketball, jump rope, or enjoy games such as “Red Light, Green Light” and “Simon Says”.
- Limit screen time and use of electronic
media to allow more time