Who are Stage 1 PROVIDERS?Child Care Providers who care for children who are receiving Stage 1 benefits.
How to Become a Stage 1 Provider?
All Stage 1 Child Care providers need to be referred by a parent.
Initial Authorization Process
- PARENT completes all paperwork, and submits additional requested documentation.
- CHILD CARE PROVIDER who is already with YMCA, a 24-404 will need to be completed. (Note: Form should only be completed after participant has attended orientation). CHILD CARE PROVIDER who is not with YMCA will need to complete entire provider packet.
- Case is reassigned to new YMCA CASE MANAGER within the same week intake orientation and all requested documentation is received.
- CHILD CARE PROVIDER will receive Notice of Action stating approval dates and will receive a phone call from YMCA CASE MANAGER to confirm approval.
- CHILD CARE PROVIDER can print out attendance sheets from Care Portal 24 hours after care has been authorized. Authorization of childcare can take up to 30 days from application date.
Payments will be processed beginning on the 1st of the month
for Providers’ whose center name or last name begin with letters A-L, and
centers or Providers’ with the last names beginning with M-Z, will begin being
processed on the 10th of each month, or the Monday following if the 1st or 10th
lands on a weekend.
This schedule only applies when Care has been authorized and the parent and provider received a Notice of Action.
OTHER RESOURCES to enhance your child care program
We are committed to helping child care providers reach their fullest potential! If you are just starting out, or have been providing care for decades, we can help!