Who are Stage 1 Families?Families who qualify for Stage 1 Child Care services are currently receiving CalWORKs benefits and are participating in the Welfare-to-Work (WTW) program. Here is information on what you can expect from YMCA Childcare Resource Service.
Families who are currently enrolled in Stage 1
PARENT needs to report all activity updates to the Welfare to Work Employment Counselor (EC). Once the activity is updated by the EC, the updated authorization is sent to the child care worker to update child care hours.
PARENT needs to report all child care provider changes to the Child care Case Manager.
Families who are transferring
There are two type of transfers:
- Agency/office transfer but still within Stage 1 - When transferring within Stage 1 The Welfare to Work Employment Counselor (EC) Contact the Child care Case Manager and transfers the case. The parent already met with the EC and agreed on the changed.
- Stage 2 or 3 Transfer - When the family is stable to transfer to Stage 2 or 3, a Transfer coordinator will contact parent to verify information on file. If information on file is correct, the family will be transfer to Stage 2 or 3 within two weeks of the verification. The transfer coordinator will confirm dates and new agency information.
During your intake
When a new referral for childcare services is submitted by Welfare to Work Employment Counselor (EC) to YMCA, the case is in “Application” status, and YMCA schedules participant for intake orientation to be conducted within 10 days. Child care is not approved yet at this time.
Initial Authorization Process
- PARENT completes all paperwork, and submits additional requested documentation.
- CHILD CARE PROVIDER who is already with YMCA, a 24-404 will need to be completed. (Note: Form should only be completed after participant has attended orientation). CHILD CARE PROVIDER who is not with YMCA will need to complete entire provider packet.
- Case is reassigned to new YMCA CASE MANAGER within the same week intake orientation and all requested documentation is received.
- CHILD CARE PROVIDER will receive Notice of Action stating approval dates and will receive a phone call from YMCA CASE MANAGER to confirm approval.
- CHILD CARE PROVIDER can print out attendance sheets from Care Portal 24 hours after care has been authorized. Authorization of childcare can take up to 30 days from application date.