Child Care Initiative Project
Open your heart, open your home.
- Attend a Community Care Licensing (CCL) orientation.
- Attend basic health and safety training.
- Obtain a criminal background check clearance.
- Submit a licensing application to CCL.
- Pass a CCL home inspection.
California Child Care Initiative Project can help with these steps by:
- Providing support to meet California state licensing requirements.
- Offering free training to improve your ability to care for children of different ages in topics such as:
- Operating a Strong Family Child Care Business
- Child Health, Safety and the Learning Environment
- Developmental Needs of Children
- Professionalism and Provider Support
- Caring for Infants and Toddlers
Participants who complete program requirements may be eligible to receive an incentive package that includes educational toys and child care and development publications. Incentives are dependent upon availability of funding.
California Child Care Initiative Project (CCIP) is a free training and support program for individuals who are:
- starting their first family child care home
- adding infants and toddlers to their existing child care program
- willing to improve the quality of their program
- increasing their FCC license capacity, or
- expanding to offer non-traditional hours of care.
Start your child care business in your home, call 1.800.481.2151 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!