Our military projects provide quality child care choices for military families. Programs are administered by the National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (NACCRRA) and funded by the Department of Defense.
NAVY EFM Respite Care
EFM Respite Care helps Navy families, who have children with special needs, by providing parents 40 hours per month per family to attend appointments, take a break, or to rest while their children are being cared for.
Eligibility InformationNavy families will be eligible for the EFM Respite Care if the following criteria have been met:
- The Sailor is active duty or Reserve on active duty orders.
- The Sailor is currently enrolled in the Navy's Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP).
- The Sailor has a child currently residing with him/her, enrolled in EFMP, birth through 18 years, and assigned category 4 or 5.
For more information:
- Call Child Care Aware® of America at 1-800-424-2246
- Visit Child Care Aware® of America
- E-mail: NavyEFMPRespite@usa.childcareaware.org
Navy Exceptional Family Member (EFM) Respite Care is available throughout the United States.
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of San Diego County. All rights reserved.
The YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through the development of the spirit, mind and body.
Childcare Resource Service | 3333 Camino del Rio South, Suite 400, San Diego, CA 92108 | 619.521.3055 | Corporate Site