Resource and Referral
Referral ProcessA Child Care Consultant will provide free child care referrals to programs in San Diego County. A
quality referral call will take approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
During your call:
- The consultant will explain the child care referral policy.
- You will be asked to provide some personal information: name, address, contact number, as well as your child's first name and birth date.
- The consultant will provide useful tips on choosing quality child care.
- The search will be done based on your child's age, type of care, location, and hours of care needed.
- You will be given
a minimum of four child care referrals, the names of child care sites, telephone
numbers, the facility license numbers, and the regulatory agency name.
- Information on local fee assistance programs will be provided.
- It is important to ask
questions; child care consultants have information and resources available
Call the referral line at 619-521-3070 (outside San Diego County) or 1-800-481-2151 (inside San Diego County) to speak with a child care consultant about your child care options.
The toll free line is open:
- Monday-Thursday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Friday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
Leave a message at any time and a child care consultant will contact you the next business day.