Child Care Referrals
Looking for Child Care?
1-800-481-2151 or 619-521-3070
All licensed child care centers and family child care homes, nanny agencies and license-exempt school based programs are listed in our free referral database. Call the referral line at 619-521-3070 (outside San Diego County) or 1-800-481-2151 (inside San Diego County) to speak with a child care consultant about your child care options.
Child care searches can be done by: age of the child, type of program, hours of care, and area of care needed. Referrals include the name of the program, telephone number, license number, and additional information about the child care program.
- Search online
- Complete a referral form (best supported with Internet Explorer)
- Call the Child Care Referral line
- Receive the referrals in person
- Choosing Child Care
Enhanced Referrals for Children with Disabilities
The enhanced referral service includes:
- A specialized search of our referral database for licensed family child care homes and centers that have training or education in working with children who have disabilities and special needs.
- Support to help you create an early partnership with your child care provider.
- Assistance to parents and providers seeking resources on disabilities and other special needs, training, parent support, inclusive child care, ADA regulations, and referrals to community programs and resources throughout San Diego County.
Enhanced Referrals for Military Families
We help military families locate quality child care off base.
Active duty, deployed, and activated reserve service members may qualify
for fee assistance through various programs. The type of fee assistance
families qualify for varies based on the service member's status and
branch of service. Families who are interested in using fee assistance
can receive enhanced referrals to child care providers who meet the
Child Care Aware Fee Assistance Qualifications:
Other Fee Assistance Qualifications:
To receive more information regarding enhanced military referrals:
- Call: 619-521-3055 ext. 2345
- E-mail: [email protected]
COMMUNITY CARE LICENSING
The majority of child care centers and all family child care homes are licensed by the California Department of Social Services (DSS) Community Care Licensing division (CCL) to ensure that minimum health and safety standards are met.
As a parent or guardian, you have the right and responsibility to review a potential child care provider's public record to obtain information on substantiated or inconclusive complaints and violations before placing your child in their care.
Make an appointment to review the child care provider's record at:
Community Care Licensing
7575 Metropolitan Dr. #110
San Diego, 92108
Families can mix and match early educational programs. For example, a child may attend a part-day program and receive wrap around care through a Licensed Center, Family Child Care Home (FCCH), or a family Friend or Neighbor (FNN). For more information, read more HERE.
We have many resources to offer parents, both online and at our CRS offices. We publish a quarterly newsletter, the CRS CONNECT, along with brochures on a variety of topics, including program information and steps to choosing quality child care.All files are PDF. Get the free Adobe PDF Reader