Complaints Against StaffWhen a parent, child care provider, or community member has a complaint against a YMCA CRS employee, or about a level of customer service:
- Staff refers the caller to a member of the R&R Management Team.
- The R&R Manager documents the call and tries to resolve the issue.
- The caller might be transferred to the Executive Director for further assistance.
- The caller is advised of the right to more than one level of appeal.
- The appeal process follows a specific chain of command until it is resolved in a manner that meets the needs of all parties:
- Staff > Program Manager > R&R Department Head > Associate or Executive Director
If the complaint is against the agency:
- The complaint is documented and referred to the YMCA of San Diego County.
- The President/CEO of the YMCA of San Diego County, or a representative, contacts the complainant.
- Complaints against the agency that involve child development statutes or regulations are referred to the Child Development Division (CDD) in Sacramento.
- NOTE: Complaints regarding agency policy or staff behavior cannot be referred to CDD since they do not involve statutes or regulations.
A copy of the Uniform Complaint Procedures for complaints about agency violations of child development/education statutes is posted in the reception area of each office of the YMCA Childcare Resource Service.
Mail written complaints regarding a specific CDD program to:
Child Development Division
1430 N St. Suite 3410
Sacramento CA 95814