Child Care Program Complaints
Complaint calls to the Child Care Referral Line (1-800-481-2151) are handled by:
- Our staff document the call and nature of the complaint.
- Complaints concerning the health and safety of children are referred to the local Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing Division (CCL) (619-767-2200).
- If the caller declines to contact CCL, our staff report the call and complaint to CCL on behalf of the caller.
- If the caller agrees to contact CCL, our staff follow up with CCL within two business days to verify that contact has been made.
- If contact has not been made, our staff follow up with the complainant.
- All complaints are kept confidential and reported to the Resource and Referral Department Head.
If our staff hear possible child abuse occurring during a telephone call with the provider:
- Our staff document the call and reason for suspected abuse.
- Our staff report the incident to the R&R Department Head and R&R Program Director of Referral Management.
- Our staff inform Community Care Licensing when directed by the R&R Department Head.
If our staff observe health and safety or child personal rights violations during a site visit that indicate children are in danger, or abuse is occurring/could occur without intervention:
- Our staff document the incident or violations observed during the site visit.
- Our staff alert the provider to potential health and safety or personal rights violations.
- Our staff report the observation and concerns to the R&R Department Head and R&R Program Director of Referral Management within 24 hours.
- Our staff inform Community Care Licensing and provide written documentation of the observation.
YMCA Childcare Resource Service withholds referrals to child care providers that are formally accused by CCL of providing care that endangers the health and safety of the children.
Referrals will not be resumed until we are notified by CCL that the program can be returned to active referral status.
YMCA Childcare Resource Service does not take action at any point in the legal process without written notification from CCL.