Who We Are
YMCA Childcare Resource Service (CRS) is a department of the YMCA of San Diego County, the second largest YMCA Association in the United States. We are a social service department providing free and low cost services to the community with a focus on child care.
CRS has four internal departments: Alternative Payment, CalWORKS Stage 1, Field Services and Resource and Referral, with an operation budget of over $34M. We operate out of five offices countywide, from our North County offices in Oceanside and Escondido, to offices in Downtown, Mission Valley and National City.
We are leaders in meeting the needs of families, early childhood education programs, and the child care provider community through an array of comprehensive countywide services.
For families we offer:
- Free child care referrals
- Access to our resource library that has the latest trends in child development
- Expert advice on children's health and behavior
- Subsidized child care for low-income families who qualify
We support families with children with special needs by providing:
- Respite care for families connected to the Regional Center and United States Navy
- After school care for teens with developmental disabilities
- Specialized child care searches to create the best possible match for a family's needs
For child care providers and early childhood educators, we provide:
- Opportunities to network with other providers and educators
- Access to various tools such as referrals to their programs, library to access resources and toys, and free consultations for children in their care with challenging behavior
- Training opportunities to enhance the quality of child care programs through health and safety training, new curriculum for center and home based programs, best practices and training to start a licensed child care business.
At the YMCA, we’re for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Learn more about YMCA Childcare Resource Service in the following sections: