SUMMER DAY CAMP 2017
News & highlights
Our Camp StaffYou can be assured that are staff is:
- VETTED: We complete reference checks and extensive background checks on each of our camp staff.
- TRAINED: Day camp staff complete extensive pre-camp training, including first
aid, CPR/AED, planning, child abuse prevention, age-appropriate activities, and character-development awareness.
- COMMITTED: Our staff members possess extraordinary skills in working with children and a passion for helping each child develop. Each staff is committed to helping children and teens make new friends and find a true sense of belonging at camp.
Copley-Price Family YMCA
4300 El Cajon Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92105
Text /email alerts
To receive alerts about camp via text, text @cpsummer to 81010 (or to 858-386-1987). You can opt out of messages at any time by replying, “unsubscribe @cpsummer”.
To receive messages via email, send an email to email@example.com. To
unsubscribe, reply with “unsubscribe” in the
your feedback from last summer
The SEER Survey
Each summer we survey our parents to elicit feedback and determine what we are doing well and what areas we can improve. This survey provides us with extremely valuable data about the quality of our day camp program, allowing us to take your family’s camp experience above and beyond.
Last year, parents said:
- SAFE & SECURE: Our camp program is a safe and secure environment for kids and teens. This has been, and will continue to be, a priority for our entire camp team.
- GIVE BACK: Parents loved the fact that our camps include community service opportunities. This gives our campers the chance to give back and feel a sense of accomplishment.
- MAKE FRIENDS: It was clear that parents felt like our intentional programming helped their children make new friends and build relationships. Parents also said that camp helped them make connections with other parents.
- VARIETY: In both traditional and specialty camps, parents said that our camp offers a lot of variety each week. This allows campers to follow their interests and discover who they are.
Our focus this summer:
- COMMUNICATION: We are always looking for ways to enhance communication and will continue that commitment this summer. Our goals is to effectively provide a snapshot of all the fun your children are having each day.
- FUN FACTOR: Silly, fun, and wacky ideas keep our campers guessing, laughing, and wanting to come back every day! Our staff will be challenged to keep it different and dynamic every day of the summer.
- IMPACT: We will continue to focus on helping campers make friends, create a sense of belonging and achieve their goals, all while nurturing character development and giving back to the community.
- HEALTHY HABITS:
We want kids to learn valuable life lessons while at camp. This
includes eating more fruits and vegetables, being more physically active
and gaining self-confidence that will help them do better in school and
RegisterPlease see the All About Registration page for how to register and policies for payment, etc.
New for Summer 2017Did you know? In San Diego, when you join one Y, you join them all! As a service to our members and camp participants, all San Diego YMCA locations now offer the SAME traditional camps. We want to make sure you’re getting the same great camp experience at any Y you choose.
This summer, our traditional camps at Copley-Price Family YMCA are going by new names, but don’t worry, they’re still the same classic camps your children know and love!
Summer camp guide
Take a look at the digital version of our summer camp guide! Or, download the guide in PDF format.