ymca overnight camps
camp marston | camp surf | raintree ranch
Ages 7 to 17
YMCA Camp Marston in JulianYMCA Camp Marston in Julian is San Diego's best known summer camp, celebrating 92 years of overnight camping.
Children and teens receive life-changing outdoor experiences at our traditional-style summer camp. Our summer programs all focus on the Y's four Core Values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility. Campers will be placed in age-specific “Villages” designed to address the developmental needs of children and teens:
- Explorers (Grades 2-5) - Providing a safe and comfortable first step.
- Challengers (Grades 6-8) - Focusing on skills and achievement.
- Mountaineers (Grades 9-11) - Teens embark on memorable outdoor adventures
YMCA Camp Surf YMCA
Camp Surf is comprised of 45 acres right on the
Pacific Ocean in San Diego. Surfing is just one of many activities that
we do. Our staff are committed to working with campers to help them
develop the skills and relationships they will need to be confident,
healthy, and connected as they grow.
- Mariners (Grades 3-6) - friendship, discovery, and new activities with lots of support
- Watermen (Grades 7-8) - outdoor adventure, ocean skills, and the opportunity to be yourself!
- Beachcombers (Grades 9-11) - lots of choices and adventure (saturated in friendship and saltwater!)
- SOUL Surfers (Grades 10-11) - responsibility and teamwork with all the camp fun included!
YMCA Raintree RanchTucked
away in the trees, YMCA Raintree Ranch in Julian is quiet, relaxing and
comfortable. Known as "San Diego's Western Horseback Camp for ages 9 to
YMCA Raintree Ranch is a small specialty overnight camp focused on horseback riding, caring for horses and camp fun! Campers have the unique experience of riding, and learning about their care, feeding — even shoveling manure!
We are especially known for:
- Lots of time with horses — 38 horses for 80 campers.
- Half of each day spent in arena lessons, trail rides and equine classes with additional care, feeding and ranch chores.
- Quality instruction (western tack) in small groups.
- All levels served, from first-time beginners to advanced riders
- Horse show for parents on Friday.