Ages 6 weeks to 12 years old
We strive to provide a supervised, safe, enriching environment through non-structured, age-appropriate play activities in an atmosphere of fun and enjoyment. This service is offered as a benefit for Copley-Price Family YMCA family members.
Parents, teachers, and students with interests and training in child development make up our team of dedicated staff. Background and reference checks are done on all staff. All staff are infant/adult CPR and First Aid certified and are Child Abuse Prevention & Detection certified.
Child Watch ACTIVITIESAges 6 weeks to 12 years
At Child Watch, there’s something for everybody that will have your child asking to come back again and again! Activities include:
|See Kids Club, below, for special programming for children ages 6 to 12.|
Kids ClubAges 6 to 12
Our grown-up version of Child Watch lets children ages 6-12 enjoy various activities designed for them in different environments around the Y! Activities include:
Your Child's First Visit
children may immediately feel comfortable and adjust to their new
surroundings in Child Watch. However, other children may need some time
to adjust. For your child's first visit, we recommend that you introduce your child to our staff before your workout. We want to work with you to make sure your child has a fun and positive experience with us at Child Watch!
- Introduce your child to the area and the staff
- Review posted policies
- Present your membership card to staff upon check-in and check-out
- Label all belongings
- Share special instructions or concerns regarding your child with staff
- Have a great workout!
Please note: For the safety and privacy of all children and staff in Child Watch, parents are not permitted past the gate.
Please consider Child Watch when donating toys. We accept slightly used toys, games, books or puzzles in good condition.
Call (619) 280-9622
Hours of operation
Children are permitted to stay for a maximum of two hours per day. The families of children who are picked up after the two-hour limit (or after closing) may be subject to the loss of this benefit.
Child Watch(Ages 6 weeks to 12 years)
|Monday - Friday|
|7:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.|
|4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.|
|8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.|
|9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
Kids Club(Ages 6 to 12 years)
Policies & Procedures
- Child Watch and Kids Club programs are benefits for Family Members. All children who are signed in to these areas must be listed as a member with the YMCA. Children may utilize Child Watch for two hours per day.
- All children must be signed in to Child Watch by a parent or a legal guardian over the age of 18, who is listed on the Family Membership. Only the parent or guardian who signed in the child will be allowed to pick up with child. You muse sign the document, noting the time in and time out of each visit.
- In the event of an emergency, please see one of the Y directors to arrange pickup by another parent or guardian. Children will not be released to another adult unless prior arrangements have been made and approved by YMCA staff.
- The Y requires picture ID of the parent or guardian and a completed information sheet for each child signed into our care.
- Please make sure your child is fed and has used the restroom or has a clean diaper prior to coming to Child Watch. We do not feed children or change diapers.
- The YMCA is a well-child facility. We are not authorized to give any form of prescription or over-the-counter medications. If a child is showing symptoms of illness while in the care of the YMCA, parents will be asked to remove their child. The child may return after being symptom-free for 24 hours. Symptoms may include, but are not limited to: fever, vomiting, diarrhea, thick green discharge from the nose, eyes or ears, and rashes or inconsolable crying.
- Notify staff at time of check-in if your child has any allergies.
- For the health and safety of all, children may not bring their own snacks, and the YMCA will not provide snacks. Children may bring a labeled sippy cup filled with water. Staff may not feed children. Please ensure your child's hunger needs have been met prior to check in at Child Watch.
- Please do not bring toys from home for your child, due to risk of damage, loss of property and disruption to the programming.
- YMCA toys will be cleaned and disinfected after use
- The YMCA believes in positive reinforcement. We try to focus on the positive, rather than the negative, in situations. However, we know that discipline problems can occur. Our discipline plan consists of three steps:
Redirection, quiet time, documentation/talk with parents.