Licensed Child Care
Character Builders is licensed child care for grades K-8 at local schools.
The YMCA offers:
- Quality, affordable and dependable care
- Transportation from selected neighborhood schools
- Safe, controlled environment
- Licensed by Child Care Licensing Division of the California Department of Social Services
- Aligned to Common Core state standards
- Arts & crafts
- Academic enrichment, including homework assistance
- Team-building activities
- Indoor/outdoor activities
- Field trips
- Nutritious afternoon snack
StaffLicensed by the State of California, YMCA Before- and After-School Child Care is regulated by health, safety and program quality standards. Staff must be 18 years old, have completed 12 college credits in child care related fields and undergone live scan fingerprint, physical & TB tests, child abuse and criminal record clearances. Staff are also required to be First Aid and CPR certified.
Sites We Serve
Character Builders Registration
- Fill out the registration forms/licensing package and submit with $50 registration fee.
- Complete the Licensing Package. This document MUST be with your child at the first day of school.
InformationFor questions about curriculum, hours and eligibility:
Vanessa Perez, Character Builders Coordinator
Quinton Buckley, Regional Director - Child & Youth Development
For questions about fees, registration or other administrative issues:
Claribel Flores-Gonzalez, Office Administrator