Licensed Child Care
IMPORTANT NOTE TO PARENTS:We have received additional registrations within the last two days that exceed our current staffing at our Character Builder sites to meet state licensing requirements. We are working on hiring and training additional Youth Leaders and are hopeful that within three weeks will be able to provide everyone a spot. If you have questions or would like to be placed on a waiting list, please email Vanessa Perez at Vperez@ymca.org. — posted 8/26/16
Character Builders is licensed child care for grades K-8 at local schools.
The YMCA offers:
- Quality, affordable and dependable care
- Transportation from selected neighborhood schools
- Safe, controlled environment
- Licensed by Child Care Licensing Division of the California Department of Social Services
- Aligned to Common Core state standards
- Arts & crafts
- Academic enrichment, including homework assistance
- Team-building activities
- Indoor/outdoor activities
- Field trips
- Nutritious afternoon snack
StaffLicensed by the State of California, YMCA Before- and After-School Child Care is regulated by health, safety and program quality standards. Staff must be 18 years old, have completed 12 college credits in child care related fields and undergone live scan fingerprint, physical & TB tests, child abuse and criminal record clearances. Staff are also required to be First Aid and CPR certified.
Sites We Serve
|Holmes Elementary School||372005393|
|Bay Park Elementary School||376600552|
|Longfellow K-8 Spanish Immersion Elementary School||376600371|
|School of the Madeleine||376600593|
|Old Town Academy ||376701230|
Character Builders Registration
- Fill out the registration forms/licensing package and submit with $50 registration fee.
- Complete the Licensing Package. This document MUST be with your child at the first day of school.
If you have questions about curriculum, hours and eligibility, contact:
Karin Cabalo, Coordinator
Vanessa Perez, Coordinator
If you have questions about fees, registration or other administrative issues, contact:
Chelsea Early, Program Administrator
(Bay Park, Holmes, Longfellow, Old Town Academy & School of the Madeleine)
Roxana Azurdia, Program Administrator