Reach new heights this at camp summer!
- « SUMMER CAMP
- EXPLORERS GRADES 2-5
- CHALLENGERS GRADES 6-8
- MOUNTAINEERS GRADES 9-11
- LIT AND CA'S GRADE 10-11
- SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- EVENING ACTIVITIES
- DATES, RATES, FORMS
- MARSTON PARENTS
- CAMPER PHOTOS
LIT's - Leaders in Training
Ages 15-17 Grades 10-11
- During our LIT program, teens learn what great leaders do and say.
- Our LIT's are housed together, as their own community
- The program makes time for camp fun like the Climbing Tower and Swimming
Our LIT's learn through leadership development workshops, practice and hands on activities
- Our Leadership Coordinator acts as a mentor to all of our LIT Participants
During the second week:
- Our LIT’s are assigned to assist with an Explorer Cabin group. This is the best way to practice new skills and learn
- Every evening our LIT's come together to debrief and discuss what they have experienced and learned that day
- LIT participants graduate the program with lifelong skills and life long friends
Successful graduates of the LIT program are encouraged to apply for the Camp Assistant program the following summer.
CA's - Camp Assistants
Entering 12th Grade in Fall
- Our CA program is a three-week volunteer experience that completes the final transition between camper and counselor.
- Teens in the CA program participate in Leadership workshops throughout the first week
- During the second and third week, CA's are placed in a cabin under the supervision of our most experienced staff
- CA's are challenged daily to lead and create activities with children
- Our CA’s are provided with an evaluation and a letter verifying how many Community Service Hours were completed
- Application available here
|LIT Dates 2017|
CA Dates 2017
|June 11-23||July 2 - 21|
|July 9-21||July 23 -Aug 11|
|July 30-Aug 11|
See above for applications
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of San Diego County. All rights reserved.
The YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through the development of the spirit, mind and body.
YMCA Overnight Camping | 4761 Pine Hills Rd., Julian, CA 92036 | 760.765.0642 | Corporate Site