On Monday morning please bring completed:Admission Sheet
Health History Form
Store money (cash or checks accepted)
Medications (in original container)
Morning Check-in:An adult needs to sign in campers every morning with a staff member. Arrivals after 9:30 will need to sign in at the office.
Afternoon Check-out:An adult needs to sign out campers every afternoon with a staff member. We will only release campers to adults that have been approved in writing on the Admission sheet. Photo ID is required.
(Summer Only) Friday Surf Carnival Families are invited on Friday
to join us from 2:45-4pm. You can sign in and head to the beach to watch the Surf Carnival at 3:15pm as day campers surf and body board. The entire family is welcome! Please know that Friday checkout ends at 5pm!
- Store money (optional) can be put on a store account at check-in on Monday. We recommend ~$20 per week for campers to purchase a snack and/or drink each day and souvenirs like a t-shirt, stuffed animal or drink bottle.
Contact at camp
- Cell phones are not allowed. If your child has a concern, they can call you from the office.
Friends and siblings
- Activities are by camper groups. All campers start and finish the day together in the Day Camp area. 1-3rd grade groups groups follow a different schedule than grades 4-7. Everyone eats lunch together.
Behavior at camp
- We work with campers to accept responsibility and make positive choices. If behavior problems arise we will contact a parent.
- Campers with behavior issues that persist or that negatively affect the experience for other children will be excused from camp (without a refund).
DAY CAMP | Camp SUrf
Getting Ready for Camp
Friend requests On the registration form you may request a friend in the same grade to be in your child's group. If you registered online please call the office to make a friend request. 619.423.5850
LunchWe provide it! Learn about our food philosophy and special food needs.
- Your child
should be able to hold their breath underwater, swim
basic strokes, tread water and float, and be comfortable in the ocean.
- Campers are closely supervised by USLA
certified Ocean Lifeguards in the towers and counselors in the water.
- We conduct swim screens. Our staff need observe individual
campers to increase their skill appropriately. Campers are in the water every day.
- Recommended, but not required to
make water time more comfortable *Wetsuits can also be rented from our camp store for $20/week in the summer.
Diego ocean temp ~60 - 70 degrees in summer, colder in fall & spring
- A rash guard is required without a wetsuit
- Campers are required to wear hats and sunscreen for sun protection
- Pack a change of clothes and several layers since coastal weather changes throughout the day. Local weather forecast
- Not allowed
- including anything of value that could be damaged or lost.
- Our campers take a break from technology and focus on healthy outdoor activities and building friendships.