CIT - Camper in Training (1 week)
- Open to campers entering 10th or 11th grade
- This 1 week program is for campers looking to begin the leadership process to eventually become volunteer, staff, or learning to work with children
- Riding and camp activities but also practice leadership skills with younger campers
- Only one CIT session per summer. If staying for multiple weeks, CIT session must be your last week.
CA - Camp Assistant (3 weeks)
- For campers entering 12th grade only
- A three-week volunteer commitment to YMCA Raintree Ranch, free of charge
- Campers must fill out an application and be selected by the Camp Director. LIT program or equivalent is a prerequisite.
- Although still technically a camper, Camp assistants will gain the skills necessary to co-lead a cabin with a senior staff member.
- They will help to plan activities, and work with wranglers
- Campers accrue Volunteer Service Hours (a verification letter will be provided).
- CA Application is available here. Contact Shawn Coner, Raintree Summer Director with questions, firstname.lastname@example.org 760-765-0642 ext. 103
LIT - Leader in Training (2 weeks)
- Entering 11th or 12th Grade. Every participant will have to fill out an application and will be selected according to the results of this process.
- Application for the 2017 LIT Program is here. This must accompany the Application form.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 1 week previous experience as Raintree camper.
- Pegasus LIT Participants will not be riding horses on a regular basis, instead they will be focusing on Leadership Skills.
- Two weeks for the price of one. A reduced rate is offered since LIT's will be assisting campers and staff at horses.
- You will assume higher
responsibility and be expected to fill more of a leadership role.
- Focus is working as a leader in the cabin group of younger campers, learning leadership skills and assisting at horse lessons.
- If attending camp also as a regular camper, LIT session must be your last session at camp.
2017 Pegasus dates
CIT (Camper In Training)
1 week Session: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9
(Note: session 3 and 4 are all girls)
LIT (Leader In Training)
2-week Sessions: 2/3, 5/6, or 8/9
CA (Camp Assistant)
3-week Sessions 1-3, 4-6, or 7-9.
(see application info on the left)