autism family camp
MARCH 31 - APRIL 2, 2017
Why Autism Family Camp:
The YMCA of San Diego County Overnight Camps and Autism Society San Diego have teamed up to provide families who are part of the autism community with a fun weekend in the mountains of Julian. Family time is important and there’s no better place to make friends and be yourself than YMCA Camp Marston.
Who should sign up:Anyone who is a current member of Autism Society San Diego or those who wish to join are welcome to sign up for this fun-filled weekend. If you are not a member and wish to sign up, please contact Autism Society San Diego at 858.715.0678. This program is open to families and children of all ages. Parents are responsible for supervising their own children.
What to expect:
- Families will check–in between 4-8pm on Friday and depart 11am on Sunday.
- Lodging is in modern winterized cabins with indoor restrooms and a living room with a fireplace. Each family gets their own room containing 6 beds in bunk bed style.
- WiFi is available camp wide.
- Trained YMCA staff will facilitate camp activity areas, such as: climbing tower, archery, arts and crafts, field games, and more.
- Autism Society San Diego staff and volunteers will facilitate community specific activities and talks.
YMCA Family Camps
- Family Camping has been a part of YMCA Camp Marston and Raintree Ranch for over 25 years.
- Many families have made family camping at YMCA Camp Marston and Raintree Ranch a family tradition.
YMCA Camp Marston and Raintree Ranch offer 7 Family Camps throughout the year; including 2 Autism Family Camps with the Autism Society San Diego.
Family Camp is the ultimate place for families to spend time together in the outdoors - with delicious food, great activities and well trained, engaging staff.