We are thrilled to announce that Dan & Vi McKinney of La Jolla, California, recently made a significant gift to our YMCA Camps. The new Dan & Vi McKinney Endowment, valued at over $2Million, will sponsor over 250 deserving youngsters to camp every year.
Words cannot express our gratitude to Dan & Vi for their incredible support of children and YMCA Camping.
Existing Endowment Funds
Our endowment funds are a true blessing! Each year, hundreds of children are subsidized with camp scholarships by fund earnings. A newly created Facilities Endowment fund will provide subsidy for maintaining our physical plant.
The YMCA of San Diego County Corporate Staff and Board of Directors carefully oversee the management of these funds. Each year, the camps are credited with 5% earnings from these funds. We often exceed 5% return, so any additional revenues are applied back to the Fund Principle, allowing the funds to grow and keep pace with inflation.
- The Bill Carstens Youth Campership Fund
- The Dan & Vi McKinney Endowment Fund (New!)
- R.E. Hazaard Campership Fund
- Annie & Alfred Einstein Fund
- Barbara Vaughn Campershp Fund
- Edwin & Naomi Bingham Trust Fund
- The YMCA Camp Facility Endowment Fund