Potential International Applicants
(Camp Counselor/Ocean Lifeguard)
Camp Surf is the place to be if you are
someone who is looking for an opportunity to challenge yourself, learn new
skills, be a role model, share your knowledge, experience a new culture, meet a
lot of wonderful people, and dedicate a summer season in service to others.
Staff positions at YMCA Camp Surf are highly competitive, and international placements are very limited. To be considered you must be qualified to be a camp counselor and also certify as an ocean lifeguard.
- Experience and or aptitude to work positively with kids and teens.
- Positive role model for campers of all ages: dress, social choices, etc.
- Strong swimmer with ocean experience
- Surfing and/or body boarding experience. Sailing, kayaking helpful.
- Able to run 1.6K in under 8 minutes
- Complete 550 meter open water swim in under 10 minutes
- Available from May 30 - August 20, 2011
If you meet these qualifications please apply
online for Camp Counselor - Summer (Camp Surf), and send a cover
letter and C.V. to the Summer Coordinator, Nat Corrall . Please do this BEFORE
you go through a placement agency. If your experience looks like a
potential match, we will contact you for an interview and check references. If
we are interested in placing you at camp, we will work with you and an agency to
assist in the visa process. YMCA Camp Surf places most international staff
through CCUSA, Bunac, and the YMCA ICCP program.
If YMCA Camp Surf is fully staffed or does not prove to be the best match for your skills this summer:
There are many organizations that can help you work through the visa process and help you to get placed in a camp this summer.
We have worked with the following organizations:
Thank you for your interest in YMCA Camp Surf.