In 1950, Howard Christman became the Camp Executive. Mr. John Dexter donated funds to construct a 10,000-gallon water storage tank. The Fletcher family donated funds to drill a deep water well, which still serves the camp today.
In 1950, a long-time dream of camp staff began to take shape. The construction of Holmes Lodge, named in honor of YMCA Secretary (Director) Herbert Holmes began. The lodge was built to provide an opportunity for programs at camp during inclement weather. Camp alumnus Don Settle told the story of young men volunteering their time to hand-dig the trenches and lay concrete block. It was the hardest labor Don ever did! In 1953, the project was completed, and Holmes Lodge was dedicated into service.
"Bible Peak" was created by young men in the Raggers Program, providing a private place for ceremonies, worship and fellowship.
On October 23, 1956, the Evening Tribune reported that the Kiwanis Club of San Diego had taken on the expansion of Camp Marston in Pine Hills as a club project. Dr. Roy French Kidd, President, said the 240 member organization was prepared to spend $10,000 a year or more for at least the next five years to expand the physical properties of the camp.
In the late 1950's, the A-Frames were constructed to add capacity to the camps. Reverend Chet Chappel served as Director from 1954-59. The "Camp Engineer" was Weber FoxIn 1959, Camp Marston entered a lease arrangement with the County Office of Education, and 6th-Grade School Camp began. In the late 60's, the County constructed their own Camp Cuyamaca, and many schools moved there. But some remained, and planted the seed for today's thriving Outdoor Education Program, serving over 8,000 children annually